Join the Team
GJAMS Program Instructor
Girl Power is seeking a qualified Program Instructor to conduct activities and provide services to
at-promise middle school girls at Georgia Jones Ayers Middle School. Reporting directly to
the Director of Programs, Program Instructor will ensure that all classroom goals, objectives and
outcomes are accomplished with fidelity while providing quality programming to all girls and
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Education or related field and/or a minimum of 3 years’ experience
in similar position.
2. Familiar with non-profit organization and community operations.
3. Passion for working with at-promise girls with an emphasis on girls pre-disposed to
4. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
5. Works well independently in a fast-paced environment.
6. Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Outlook.
1. Responsible for completing client intakes and files and collect required student data for
all participants. Through a virtual platform when needed.
2. Create, plan and implement lesson plans with enthusiasm and creativity utilizing the
evidence/research-based curriculums approved by the agency. (Through a virtual
platform when needed)
3. Create written education plans alongside student and monitor progress throughout the
4. Provide in school support by visiting participants during school hours a minimum of two
times per week. This service can be performed in-person or virtually.
5. Responsible for meeting all classroom goals, objectives and outcomes as outlined in the
Scope of Services, while providing quality programming to all clients. (Through a virtual
platform when needed)
6. Responsible for outreach/recruitment of required number of program participants
according to the Scope of Services.
7. Responsible for completing all weekly, monthly, quarterly and end of year reports as
8. Responsible for accurately and timely recording required student data, attendance and
demographics in the data systems.
9. Co-Facilitate monthly parent meetings, student field trips and community service projects.
10. Perform all programs and services in accordance with the agencies Fidelity and Quality
11. Attend weekly staff meetings as required (in-person, virtually or conference call).
12. Attend annual compliance trainings in addition to regular working hours, up to 40 hours
per year. Mandatory trainings include back to school training in August, winter break
training in January and other trainings throughout the year.
13. Other duties as assigned.
Girl Power Rocks, Inc.
HOURS AND COMPENSATION
Salary Range: $20 - $25 per hour.
Working Hours: Minimum of 22.5 hours per week and in accordance with MDCPS calendar.
Some evenings and weekends are required.
Only qualified applicants will be considered.
About Girl Power, Inc.:
Girl Power Rocks, Inc. (GP), is a Miami, FL, based 501(c) 3 non-profit with a twenty-year
history of serving at-promise girls and their families/caregivers through trauma focused
Evidenced-based programs and services. GP’s strength lies in its gender specific safe spaces and
signature programs, which include Girls’ Rock After-school, Sister Circle Mentoring, Girl
Intervention Program PLUS and Girls’ Choir of Miami.