Join the Team
Targeted Case Manager
Girl Power, a leader in providing safe spaces and trauma-focused evidence-based programs and
services for at-promise girls is seeking a full-time Targeted Case Manager to successfully
implement the goals, objectives and deliverables under OJJDP’s Preventing Sex Trafficking of
Girls grant award for the Girls Intervention Program PLUS (GIPP). The Goal of the GIPP is to
prevent/reduce victimization of girls who are vulnerable to sex trafficking.
Reporting directly to the GIPP Program Manager, the Targeted Case Manager is responsible
for providing community-based case management services to assigned clients in the Girls
Intervention Program. These services include, but are not limited to, assessing clients' need for
services, advocating and linking to services, and monitoring of services. Duties include intake,
case planning, discharge planning, crisis intervention, and referrals. The job requires a high
degree of confidentiality and flexibility in responding to needs of participants.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1.Complete required intake to develop individual case plans, academic/career development
plan with goals and objectives for girls.
2. Develop discharge plan and follow up services for girls that have either successfully
completed 12 weeks in the Girls Intervention Program or need to transition out of the
3. Conduct follow up services for girls, in accordance with the discharge plan 3 – 6 months
after they have participated in the Girls Intervention Program.
4. Develop and maintain client files and program documentation according to Scope of
5. Coordinate services based on individualized case plans.
6. Oversee referrals, program enrollment & social service needs, including sanctions by the
Juvenile Services Department (JSD) and other applicable sources.
7. Make referrals of participants and/or family to appropriate agency (mental health,
medical, social service, educational, etc.) as needed in conjunction with agency partners.
8. Oversee, monitor and document monthly progress reports on participants including
academic progress, attendance, community service hours, mental health services, and
outside agency referrals.
9. Participate in weekly staffings with program staff and referring mental health agencies.
10. Provide monthly progress reports to the Department of Juvenile Justice (DJJ) and
Juvenile Services Department (JSD) probation officers and other judicial officials as
11. Work with program staff to facilitate parent participation in bi-monthly Parent Support
Engagement Meetings and/or other program activities.
12. Facilitate weekly group therapy sessions using the Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral
Therapy (TF-CBT) approach to girls in the program.
13. Attend DJJ and JSD Community Based Organization quarterly and monthly meetings to
maintain the relationship between JPO’s and the agency.
14. Work with program staff members to coordinate recognition activities for participants
who complete program requirements.
15. Produce monthly and/or quarterly reports as required
16. Assist with and attend student field trips
17. Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION
1.Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or college in Social Work, Counseling,
Psychology, Education or related field and/or three years of full time or equivalent of
related case management experience working with youth.
2. Has knowledge of available resources in the service area for youth and families facing
3. Self-starter, knowledge of adversities facing at-risk youth with special emphasis on at=promise girls.
4. Good organizational, communication and writing skills and proficiency in major
computer software programs.
5. Must have a valid driver’s license and access to consistent, reliable transportation.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
1. Able to pass Level 2 background screening.
2. Hold a valid driver’s license, adequate vehicle insurance and reliable transportation.
3. Negative COVID-19 Test taken within 14 days of employment start date.
HOURS AND COMPENSATION
Monday- Friday, 9 am to 6:30pm
Some evenings and weekends are required
The starting salary for this position is $43,500
If you would like to be considered for this position, please submit a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.