Join the Team
Mentoring Coordinator (Full-time)
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Programs, Mentoring Coordinator oversees the development and implementation of Girl Power’s Sister Circle Mentoring Program, which matches adult volunteer mentors with a mentee for one-to-one and group activities. The Mentoring Coordinator ensures program quality and performance related to recruiting, screening, matching, monitoring, and closing the relationship between the mentor and mentee, and communicates with all parties including the mentee’s parent/guardian throughout the relationship.
Bachelor’s degree preferred with emphasis in social work, psychology, and/or education and/or two or more years’ experience in mentoring and youth development, working within community organizations and/or schools preferred.
Strong organizational, writing, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
Creativity and flexibility are essential in assuming significant responsibility.
Experience working in racially, ethnically, and socioeconomically diverse urban communities preferred.
• 1. Strong knowledge of Mentoring Program policies and procedures. Maintain and update continuously.
2. Develop and manage relationships with schools, partners and community-based organizations and create presentations to targeted organizations and ensure a presence at key community events, etc.
3. Create, develop and oversee implementation of mentoring recruitment plan, monthly/quarterly activities and distribution of program marketing materials.
4. Perform and oversee participant screening, training, matching, support and supervision, recognition, closure activities and program evaluation.
5. Oversee organization and implementation of group mentor/mentee group outings and events.
6. Attend local regional and national conferences to increase knowledge of the Mentoring Program and best practices. Attendance at the annual National Mentoring Summit in Washington, DC during the month of January is mandatory. (all expenses covered by Girl Power)
7. Complete other duties and activities as assigned and needed.
Hours and Compensation
Starting Salary $40,000 annually
Monday through Friday, 9 am to 6 pm
Some evenings and weekends are required
Only qualified applicants will be considered
Conditions of Employment
1. Must pass a Level 2 background screening.
2. Hold a valid driver’s license, adequate vehicle insurance and reliable transportation.
3. Negative COVID-19 Test taken within 14 days of employment start date.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to: