Join the Team
Girls Intervention Program Plus Instructor
Girl Power, a leader in providing safe spaces and trauma focused evidenced-based programs and services for at-promise girls is seeking a part-time Program Instructor to successfully implement the goals, objectives and deliverables under OJJDP’s Preventing Sex Trafficking of
Girls grant award for the Girls Intervention Program- Plus (GIPP). The Program Instructor will conduct activities and provide services to at promise girls at the central location in Liberty
City/Overtown. The Goal of the GIPP Program is to prevent/reduce victimization of girls who are vulnerable to sex trafficking.
Reporting directly to the GIPP Program Manager, the Program Instructor is responsible for the delivery of services to participants enrolled in the GIPP. Girls ages thirteen to seventeen are referred to GIPP by Miami Dade County Juvenile Services Department, the Department of
Juvenile Justice, Miami Dade County Public Schools and other school partners to participate in twelve-weeks of multiple services based on assessments including trauma focused therapy, research-based structured learning groups, educational and vocational advocacy and support, peer mentoring, life skills training, case management, educational field trips and community services projects. The Program Instructor will plan and facilitate creative lessons and activities that follow the designated curriculum while excelling at classroom management. They will also work closely with the Targeted Case Manager and other partners to ensure the smooth delivery of programming and wrap around services for the families.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Implement services and activities according to approved Scope of Services and evidenced based curriculum Monday through Thursday from 3-5:30pm (through virtual platform when needed).
2. Plan and facilitate designated evidence-based curriculums, enhancing lessons with creativity, ensuring supplies are in order, and coordinating outside workshops with the approval of the Program Manager.
3. Monitor and document participant’s program and school progress by visiting participants during school hours a minimum of two times per week. This service can be performed in- person or virtually.
4. Maintain client files and collect required student data for all participants, including but not limited to case notes, report card records, attendance, and demographic spreadsheets.
(Through a virtual platform when needed.)
5. Responsible for outreach/recruitment of required number of program participants according to the Scope of Services.
6. Compile monthly, quarterly and annual reports for funders, partners and evaluations.
7. Co-Facilitate monthly parent meetings, student field trips and community service projects.
8. Attend weekly staff meetings and other meetings as related to program services.
9. Comply with the agency’s policies and procedures including confidentiality and equal opportunities
10. Attend annual compliance trainings in addition to regular working hours, up to 40 hours per year. Mandatory trainings include back to school training in August, winter break training in January and other trainings throughout the year.
11. Other duties as assigned
Girl Power Rocks, Inc.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION
• Bachelor’s Degree in Education or related field and/or a minimum of 3 years’ experience counseling youth and/or young adults
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Excellent writing and oral communication skills.
• Ability to work independently with little supervision.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Knowledge and experience of adversities facing children in at-risk communities with focus on at-promise girls.
• Excellent classroom management experienced with emphasis in urban communities.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
1. Able to pass Level 2 background screening.
2. Hold a valid driver’s license, adequate vehicle insurance and reliable transportation.
HOURS AND COMPENSATION
Monday- Thursday, 2 pm to 6:30pm
Friday 11 am – 3 pm
W orking Hours (in accordance with MDCPS calendar)
Some evenings and weekends are required
The starting salary range for this position is $20 – 25 per hour