Join the Team
GIP Plus Program Instructor
Under the direct supervision of the Prevention and Intervention Manager, Program Instructors are responsible for the delivery of services to participants enrolled in the (GIP-PLUS). Girls ages thirteen to seventeen are referred to GIP-PLUS by Miami Dade County Juvenile Services, Department and the Department of Juvenile Justice, Miami Dade County Public Schools, and other school partners to participate in twelve-weeks of multiple services based on assessments including trauma-focused therapy, research-based structured learning groups, educational and/or vocational advocacy and support, peer mentoring, life skills training, case management, educational field trips, and community services projects.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Education or related field and/or a minimum of 3 years experience counseling youth and/or young adults
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Excellent writing and oral communication skills.
• Ability to work independently with little supervision.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Problem-solving ability with attention to detail.
• Knowledge and experience of adversities facing children in at-risk communities with a focus on at-promise girls.
• Excellent classroom management experienced with an emphasis on urban communities.
• Complete participant Intakes and Exits
• Implement services and activities according to the approved Scope of Services and evidenced-based curriculum
• Responsible for program enrollment & social service needs assessment
• Monitor and document participant’s program and school progress
• Responsible for monthly, quarterly and annual reports for funders, partners, and evaluations.
• Responsible for facilitating special monthly, quarterly, and/or annual activities and meetings for parents/caregivers and participants.
• Attend monthly Juvenile Probation Officer’s (JPO) meetings
• Comply with the agency’s policies and procedures including confidentiality and equal opportunities
• Plan and attend student field trips and community service projects
• Other duties as assigned
• This is a grant-funded position. Continuation of employment will be contingent upon available and continued funding.
• In accordance with Florida Statue 435, it is required by law to undergo a Level 2 background screening as a condition of employment and continued employment.
• The salary range for this position is $20 – 25k
• Hours: Monday through Thursday, from 2 pm to 6:30 pm.
• Some evenings and weekends required